Terms and Conditions of booking accommodation at Sunnyridge Argill Farm.
When you make a booking your contact will be with ourselves Hilary & Alan Richardson
All accommodation is offered subject to availability at time of receipt of deposit.
All bookings are taken at our discretion.
When booking your holiday you are entering into a legally binding contract and it is recommended that you take out holiday insurance.
Rates quoted are usually per person per night including breakfast or per room including breakfast for the length of the stay.
Meal times are pre arranged and no allowance can be made for meals not taken.
You will be asked to pay a deposit, which will then confirm your booking, and it is non-refundable.
We are unable to accept credit/debit card payments.
Accounts must be paid before departure and cheques or cash are acceptable.
Rooms must be vacated by 10.00 am on day of departure.
Check in after 2.00 pm before 6.00pm
We would prefer a pre-arranged time of arrival. Early reception can be arranged.
Late arrival may result in your room being re-sold.
In the event of any cancellation or curtailment, should the accommodation not be re-let, the person
who made the booking will be liable to pay for all the total cost as per reservation, less an allowance for food and service.
It would be a rare occasion if we had to cancel your booking, in which case we would endeavour to find alternate accommodation and or return your deposit.
Force MajeureWe cannot accept responsibility or pay compensation by reason of circumstance
of a “force majeure”( any event which we could not foresee or avoid)
Please contact us for a fuller explanation if required.
The proprietors cannot accept responsibility for the loss of guests’ property.
The proprietors can not be held responsible for any guests allergies(for example to animals)
The proprietors can not be held responsible for allergies to any foodstuffs (for example nuts)
or drinks which may be prepared on the premises or during previous preparation elsewhere (for example preserves)
The property is entirely a NONE SMOKING zone.
The proprietors reserve the right to amend, curtail or terminate any contract should the conduct of any person who is party to that contract cause any detriment to the well being of other guests.
If you want to share anything about your stay with us, then we’d like to hear your comments.
Access Statement for Sunnyridge, Argill Farm
Here is a summary of our provision for visitors to our home offering two bedroomed Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast.
- Please contact us by telephone , E- Mail or in person.
Tel: 01969 622478. Email Hilary@safarm.co.uk
Sunnyridge, Argill Farm,Harmby, Leyburn. North Yorkshire. DL8 5 HQ
- Our home is situated on a farm 400 metres from the main A684 road and is only 1 mile from the market town of Leyburn.
- It is on the outskirts of the village of Harmby
- Google Map available from our website www.sunnyridgeargillfarm.co.uk
- There is a bus service along the A684
- The nearest main line station is at Northallerton approx.25 miles
Arrival & Car-Parking
- We do not have a B&B sign, but there is a round Millstone with “Argill Farm” and “Sunnyridge” on it at the entrance to the drive and a sign “Sunnyridge” on the wall near the hand gate, which are both appropriate for your accommodation.
- There is space to park in the yard, or off road in the lane at the side of the property.
- Assistance will be offered with your luggage if required.
- Using the hand gate entrance there is a concrete path with one step onto the next concrete path which runs along the front of the bungalow to the main entrance,
- this path has one open side with a maximum drop to the garden of 36 inches is 6 feet 6 inches wide and there are a further two steps with a handrail which guides e round to the third step into the entrance and then there is a step over the threshold into a spacious hall. None of these steps are deep, the deepest measuring 8 and a half inches, the shallowest 6 inches
- Using the drive/yard entrance the concrete path at the side of the bungalow leads round to the concrete path along the front as described in the previous paragraph
- The paths are lit at night with solar lamps or low energy lights
- A torch is advisable for use to walk up or down the lane.
(The Pheasant Inn in Harmby is at the bottom of the lane ((no food served)). There is a pavement from there leading into Leyburn, where there are pubs and restaurants open in the evenings)
- All rooms and public spaces are spacious, ground floor and fitted with carpets, and have radiators for central heating.
- From the hall both guest bedrooms are accessed on the right, with the lounge/dining area on the left, which includes a library of books.
- There are overhead lights and lamps in all rooms, with wall lights in the lounge/ dining room.
- Guests are shown their rooms with facilities explained. We are a totally non-smoking property. Tea & Coffee making facilities and a hair-dryer are supplied,
- There is a TV with free-view in each room. Keys to the bedroom and the front door are provided.
- Each room normally accommodates one double bed and one single bed, however a family can be accommodated with a double and two single beds, in which case the other room becomes a double
- Each room has an en-suite shower room with a step over into the shower cubicle. Both shower rooms are fully tiled, with good lighting. The shower rooms cannot accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is a vanity unit in one of the bedrooms – height 33 inches, this room has a sliding door into the shower room with toilet and is not carpeted.
- the other bedroom has an opaque glass panelled door into the shower room, as there is no natural light.
- The dining table is oval in shape (it has an extending leaf) – length 64 inches, width 44 inches, height 30 inches.
- 4 of the 6 dining chairs are without arms.
- There is a three piece suite and coffee table plus other occasional tables available, also an electric fire in the fire-place for guests use.
- Wi Fi is available in the lounge
- There is a garden table and chairs at the main entrance on the balcony overlooking the lawn, facing South. The lawn can be accessed from the garden path or from a flight of steps down from the balcony. There is a low garden wall at the edge of the lawn.
There is also access down the steps or across the lawn to a path leading to a patio area with more chairs, also facing South and East.